Who we are
We are a spin-out company from Loughborough University specialising in modelling flooding in real-time, using the latest weather predictions to make street-level flood nowcasts and forecasts. Our mission is to be the leading global provider of cutting-edge flood prediction that saves lives and livelihoods whilst significantly reducing the cost of flooding for commercial, government and humanitarian organisations globally. This requires continuous innovation through harnessing information sources and new techniques to maximise the prediction’s quality and its impact on those affected by flooding. Having launched in January, 2019, we have offices in Loughborough and London.
The whole team were really welcoming, supportive and genuinely interested in my development as a flood modeller. I learnt so much and thoroughly enjoyed my time at Previsico!
Six Reasons to Join Team Previsico
1) We have a big mission to minimise flood impacts globally. Floods devastate communities globally and our work helps to reduce their impacts. As part of our team you will directly help ensure that more people can benefit from potentially life saving warnings.
2) We are a caring company who support social and environmental initiatives both at home and internationally. We intend to have two humanitarian projects on at any time and are putting in place a volunteering programme where twice a year the whole team take a day and support a local charity – such as clearing rubbish from the waterways.
3) We listen to our employees and act on their comments, such as putting in place an employee led remuneration team to find benefits that are suitable for a company our size but would be valued by the employees. We also have an employee led social and green committee.
4) We are a university spin-out and have kept our academic focus while building an interdisciplineary team of people from a wide range of industries and backgrounds. We celebrate these with monthly lunch and learn sessions so that employees can share learnings and are kept informed of the scientific developments in this space as well as new technologies being developed by the company.
5) We hold strategy days twice a year so employees are involved and aware of the company strategy and what we are doing to meet it. As a rapidly growing company, all team members are able to help shape our future direction and strategy.
6) We believe teams are important – from regular one-to-ones to monthly social evenings
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Executive to join our growing team. As a technology start-up underpinned by expert science, we are looking for a go-getter who is eager to learn everything there is about flood forecasting and how to improve...
We are looking for a Flood Modeller to join our GIS and Flood Modelling Team on a permanent, full-time basis. The Role We are looking for an experienced flood modeller to join our growing team and help us to build scale our flood forecasting system models...
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an IoT Technical Specialist to join our growing team. As a technology start-up we are looking for a proactive and dynamic individual with experience of environmental monitoring or environmental science or in a relevant...