Our young business is growing significantly with revenues predicted to treble and headcount expected to double in 2023, consequently a full time FD / CFO is required to replace the current part time CFO.
We strongly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position, as we value and embrace the unique perspectives and experiences that individuals from all walks of life bring to our Company and its culture.
As the Company continues to develop its core technology and on its initial commercial success, a strategic FD/CFO is required to join the management team. The position manages the day to day financial and general administrative tasks associated with a rapidly expanding start -up, as well as providing strategic expertise as the Company enters its next phase of growth, entering into the US and other new geographies whilst growing the UK market.
The CFO must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader with a strong background in a fast-growing early stage tech business with international reach and have experience of fund raising. The successful candidate must see risks and opportunities behind financial data and act as a strategic business partner for the CEO.
The goal is to manage this stage of growth in the Company’s life cycle to maximise product development and global expansion whilst maintaining a healthy financial reserves.
- Manage all aspects of the finance function including management reporting, statutory reporting, taxation, treasury management and compliance, reporting on these at Board level.
- Drive budget preparation and manage expenditure against budget.
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organisation’s operations.
- To implement and maintain a suitable system of internal financial and non-financial controls, including business continuity procedures and insurance.
- Oversee the back office operations function, including IT, health and safety and facilities management.
- Oversee the HR function including payroll, PAYE/NI compliance, annual returns, share option scheme, life assurance and pension arrangements.
- Provide financial support for business development activities and transactions.
- Responsible for relationships with key advisors including bankers, auditors and IR advisors. Leverage current relationships.
- Manage investor relations activities.
- Prepare and maintain the Risk register with the KPIs.
- Strong communicator able to contribute to strategic thinking as part of the senior management team.
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies.
- Manage small team consisting of HR Manager, Company Accountant and Administration Assistant.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Must have the right to work in the UK.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 10 years’ experience, in the UK.
- Proven experience as CFO, finance officer or relevant role for a minimum of 5 years, in the UK.
- Set up financial systems for growth including a project costing systems.
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Proficient in the use of Office 365 suite of programs and financial management software (e.g. Xero).
- Ability to strategise and solve problems.
- Prepare investment plans, managing financial due diligence and meet with potential investors.
- Prepare and present financial Board papers.
- International experience preferably in USA.
- Strong leadership and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers.
- Competitive salary, plus options and bonus.
We understand the importance of work/life balance and offer flexible working arrangements. Our hybrid working model means we expect most people to combine coming into the office with working remotely, either from home or elsewhere. We are encouraging a 60:40 split either way, with a full-time colleague typically being in the office 2-3 days a week. How you split your time will depend on the meetings in your diary, projects you may be working on etc – we want you to be able to embrace the flexibility while thinking about what works best for the company and you.
We will be seeking references as part of the recruitment process, ideally from a minimum of 4 separate sources.
- Please send a CV and Cover Letter to [email protected].