We are recruiting for a Software Developer to join our growing team. The job will require a software developer will work with the development teams to deliver new features and assist in the maintenance of the Previsico suite of tools, according to business requirements.
The successful candidate will be self motivated and comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy. We envisage this role playing a key part in our ability to scale and improve our services, with responsibilities in the role likely to grow as we continue to expand our team.
The successful candidate will require excellent communications skills, both technical and business related, and be able to demonstrate their enthusiasm for working in a challenging but rewarding environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities of a Software Developer to include, but not limited to:
- Working with the development team in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of applications.
- Working with the operations team to ensure a reliable, stable and secure production environment.
- Keeping up to date with the latest development software.
- Hands-on in developing back-end components for certain products.
- Ensuring quality of work through appropriate testing.
- Ensuring proper documentation.
- Working with the team to continually improve processes and practices.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field (preferred).
- Commercial development experience delivering client requirements.
- Strong understanding of git.
- Strong python programming experience.
- Experience with automated tooling as part of continuous integration, e.g. automated test static analysis tools.
- Extensive experience of the full development lifecycle from requirements analysis to design, development, testing and implementation.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work with project managers to produce technical specifications.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders.
Preferable, but not essential
- Experience with geospatial data processing and common geospatial processing python libraries.
- Experience with:
- Anaconda and the conda tools
- AWS cloud and serverless tools
- Docker containers
- Web protocols and techniques
Measurements (these form the basis of reviews)
- Delivery of development projects to time and specifications.
- 360 degree feedback.
Pay and working arrangements
- Salary will be competitive based on experience ranging from £45,000-£50,000 per annum
- 5% share options with the company after successful probationary period.
- 25 days holiday plus statutory Bank Holidays
- The successful candidate can work remotely in the UK, with some expectation to attend special company days, operational meetings and the occasional Development Team Days at either our Loughborough or London offices.
- Only applicants with the right to work in the UK will be considered.
Equality and diversity
- Previsico is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
- Please send a CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]. Applications will not be forwarded to the recruiting manager without a covering letter.
- Please not that we are not working with agencies for this role.