This is a unique opportunity for an experienced geospatial python developer to join our organisation and help us minimise the impact of floods across the globe. You’ll be joining a highly skilled team of flood modellers, geospatial developers, software engineers and forecasting specialists.
We have an employee led remuneration team to ensure we listen to our employees’ wants and needs in order to find great benefits that are right for them, so you can rest assured that your professional and personal life will be taken care of with us!
As a Geospatial Python Developer, you will be working on various projects developing our products. Such products include our existing flood forecasting system, new products in development and prototype products from R&D projects. There will be opportunities to work on various parts of our technology stack, working with flood modellers, hydrometrologists, software engineers and devops team, in a fast-paced environment.
You will work on the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of applications and co-ordinate with the operational team to meet application requirements for running in production.
To be considered as a Geospatial Python Developer, you will need:
– Proven experience in developing commercial software products in geospatial sectors
– At least three years of python programming experience in a business/research environment
– Experience with common geospatial processing python libraries
– Experience of developing on the Ubuntu OS
– Use and understanding of the GIT version control systems
– The ability to work with project managers to produce technical specifications
– A degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Geography, Engineering or a related field
Experience of the AWS Cloud environment would be advantageous, as would experience with flood modelling and working with remote sensing datasets such as SAR satellite images, LiDAR and Radar dataset.
Experience of the full development lifecycle from requirements analysis to design, development, testing and implementation would also be highly beneficial.
Equality and diversity
- Previsico is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
Pay and working arrangements
- Competitive salary and company share option scheme.
- The position is based either in our Loughborough or London office although we will consider flexible working arrangements. The applicant will need to have the right to work in the UK.
Start date: Immediately available
To apply:Please send a CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]
Closing date: 28th February 2023