Who we are
Previsico are surface water flood forecasting specialists enabling people and organisations to minimise the impact of flooding. Backed by Foresight Group and underpinned by two decades of research at Loughborough University, Previsico’s world leading solution is used by insurers, businesses and government to reduce their losses. Our mission is to be the leading global provider of cutting-edge flood prediction that saves lives and livelihoods whilst significantly reducing the cost of flooding. Having launched in January, 2019, we have a growing team of ~25 people with offices in Loughborough and London.
The Finance and Administration Manager is a new position that has been created to meet the company’s growing team and customer base. The successful candidate will be hard-working and dedicated with experience in finance, bookkeeping, HR and company administration. You’ll have a wide remit at Previsico Limited and will make an immediate impact across all areas of the business, with the opportunity to quickly progress to the position of Financial Controller.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and update all areas Xero accounting software, including bank reconciliations, journal entries and VAT
- Work with external accounting firm to prepare statutory documents including end of year accounts
- Have sole responsibility over accounts payable, ensuring all suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in line with budgets
- Oversee aged receivables, managing debtor relationships, providing internal reporting on status and liaising with clients to ensure prompt payment
- Support all teams with financial planning and budgeting, preparing monthly management accounts and well as quarterly reforecasts
- Manage payroll & HR software including salary payments, holiday, sickness and pensions
- Oversee both onboarding and offboarding of all staff, liaising with external HR consultants and recruiters as required
- Be the prime contact for third party contracts and office requirements including legal services, insurance, rent, supplies, computer equipment.
- Personable, trustworthy and a natural aptitude for planning and organisation
- Proven experience working with all areas of Xero accounting software including payroll and VAT returns
- Strong understanding of accounting and finance fundamentals – finance accreditation will be considered a plus but is not essential
- Highly numerate and proficient with Google Sheets/ Excel
- Experience managing company-wide budgets including reforecasting, management accounts and cashflow
- Interested in taking on a wide range of responsibilities across finance, HR, payroll and company administration
- Highly independent and able to manage a diverse workload
- Interested in working at a small, entrepreneurial business
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role.
Equality and diversity
- Previsico is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
Pay and working arrangements
- Salary of £45-50,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus and an equity stake in the company.
- The position is based in our Loughborough office although we will consider flexible working arrangements. The applicant will need to have the right to work in the UK.
- Please send a CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] by 10th June 2022.