Who we are
We are a flood forecasting company which spun out of Loughborough University in 2019 to predict and prevent the impact of flooding globally. This requires continuous innovation through harnessing leading data sources and cutting-edge technology to produce quality forecasts for those at risk of flooding. Our story began in 2001 when Prof. Yu pioneered a live 2D flood modelling software called FloodMap Live which has become a widely used and cited software by academics and practitioners. This uses live modelling to deliver continuously updated actionable flood forecasts. With investment and an increasing number of clients, we have rapidly grown to become a global provider of cutting-edge forecasting servicing, delivering to top global insurers, businesses, governments and humanitarian organisations. We are a passionate and highly skilled team. Our backgrounds cover academia, business development, flood modelling, programming, GIS analysis, user experience and product development
We are recruiting for a Sales specialist to join our growing team. As a technology start-up we are looking for a go-getter who is eager to learn everything there is about flood forecasting and how to improve resilience to floods globally. You will be focussed on developing and fostering relationships with customers and other partners.
- Manage your own pipeline of prospects from lead generation to paying customer;
- Create a database of prospects and target customers with complete contact information;
- Supported by in-house training and support, you will become an expert in our clients overall value proposition, products and tools;
- Conduct web product demonstrations encompassing both technical and non-technical aspects of the product offer;
- Identify new business opportunities including channel and other partnerships;
- Engage directly with decision makers in insurance sector throughout the UK;
- Conduct systematic market research to generate high quality leads and identify key players;
- Maintain accurate and complete customer records, and activity and pipeline reports;
- Achieve and report on key KPIs agreed with your line manager.
- Excellent research, planning and organisation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals by phone and in person while maintaining established sales quotas;
- 3+ years’ experience in a technical sales capacity, ideally with an InsureTech or technology supplier to the insurance market;
- Technology savvy and proficient in the use of a range of communication, presentation and other business tools;
- Proven track record of success in B2B sales;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (oral and written) effectively;
- Strong work ethic;
- Passion for selling and enthusiastic self-starter with a “can do” attitude.
Remuneration: £35k plus commission and equity
*** Please note we do not work with recruitment agencies***
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] with Sales Specialist Position as the subject header. Please not we do not work with agencies. If you have any questions about the role or the company please contact Sharon Dayman at [email protected]