Who we are
We are a spin-out company from Loughborough University specialising in real-time flood forecasting. Our mission is to minimise the impact of flooding globally by delivering the absolute best flood forecasting technology to those who need it. With a special focus on the insurance industry we significantly reduce the cost of flooding for people and organisations globally by supporting proactive measures to reduce flood impacts. After over £1m of research funding developed the service with the Cabinet Office, Environment Agency and Met Office, Previsico launched in January, 2019. We have a rapidly growing team with offices in Loughborough, London and Hong Kong.
This is a ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity for two experienced flood researcher assistants to join a high potential InsurTech that truly improves people’s live by reducing the impact and cost of flooding. The successful candidate will be involved in the continued development of a world class hydrodynamic flood forecasting technology. The positions are open for application in Previsico Asia Ltd, to commence as soon as possible for three years, with the possibility of renewal. Previsico Asia Ltd is a subsidiary of Previsico and was admitted to the Incu-Tech Programme of Hong Kong Science Park. The successful candidate will work in a multidisciplinary team, with a close link with the Water Hazard Modelling Group in the University of Hong Kong, to develop innovative urban flood models for improving the quality of Previsico’s global flood forecasting technology.
- Work on collection and processing of rainfall and terrain data such as DEM, land cover and drainage
- Building nationwide flood models
- Provide support on ad-hoc research and development
- BEng or Master degree in Hydraulics, Hydrology, Physical Geography or relevant discipline from a Hong Kong based university
- Experience with GIS
- Ability to think out-of-the-box and drive to develop new cutting edge technologies
- Competent at English speaking and writing
Other desirable skills
- Experience in flood modelling
- Understanding of software engineering
- Experience in programming (Python or C++)
***Please note we do not work with agencies**
Equality and diversity
- Previsico is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
Pay and working arrangements
- Salary: Max. HK$18,000-21,000 per month + max. employer MPF HK$900-1,050 per month (depending on experience)
- Benefits include flexible working options, pension scheme, 25 days holiday.
- The position is based in our new Hong Kong Office (Hong Kong Science Park)
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to Dr. Mingfu Guan at [email protected]. Review of applications will continue until October 15, 2020 or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE***