Who we are
We are a spin-out company from Loughborough University specialising in real-time flood forecasting. Our mission is to reduce the impact of flooding globally by delivering the absolute best flood forecasting technology to those who need it. With a special focus on the insurance industry we significantly reduce the cost of flooding for people and organisations globally by supporting proactive measures to reduce flood impacts. After over £1m of research funding developed the service with the Cabinet Office, Environment Agency and Met Office, Previsico launched in January, 2019. We have a rapidly growing team with offices in Loughborough and London.
This is a ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join a high potential InsurTech that truly improves people’s live by reducing the impact and cost of flooding. The successful candidate will be involved in maintaining and developing cloud-based infrastructure services while making continued service improvements. You will work in a quickly developing technical environment with an opportunity to shape the technical vision of the company. This is a great role for a DevOps Engineer with an excellent Linux background who enjoys working in a fast moving, collaborative environment with a team of Python Developers. The company is growing and is expecting to recruit a team in this area. The DevSecOps Engineer will report into the Head of Technical Systems. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in multiple challenging disciplines to work as part of a rapidly growing technical start-up.
- Planning deployment of new / updated infrastructure components.
- Defining and setting up of procedures around system development
- System monitoring and day-to-day management.
- Assisting with technical issues / queries from new customers.
- Management of data synchronisation and backup processes.
- Supporting complex multi-tiered services.
- working with all sections of the company, especially the development team.
- Proven commercial DevOps experience (minimum of 2-3 years).
- Excellent Linux experience, ideally with Ubuntu, with shell scripting skills. (minimum of 4-5 years)
- A good understanding of security and its implementation
- An understanding of code from a troubleshooting perspective – ideally Python
- Knowledge of cloud service management systems and APIs.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery, ideally with BitBucket.
- Knowledge with containerisation, ideally using Docker and ECS or Kubernetes.
Other desirable skills
- Knowledge with restful APIs
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, ECS, S3, RDS / Aurora, Route 53 etc.
- Experience of Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience of databases – PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- Understanding of software engineering
Pay and working arrangements
- Salary will be circa £45,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus an equity stake in the company. Benefits include flexible working options, pension scheme, 25 days holiday.
- The position is based in our Loughborough office (Holywell Enterprise Park) although we will consider flexible working arrangements. The applicant will need to have the right to work in the UK.
Equality and diversity
- Previsico is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
- *** NO AGENCIES PLEASE***