Who we are
We are a spin-out company from Loughborough University specialising in real-time flood forecasting. Our mission is to be the leading global provider of cutting-edge flood prediction that saves lives and livelihoods. With a special focus on the insurance industry we significantly reduce the cost of flooding for people and organisations globally by supporting proactive measures to reduce flood impacts. After over £1m of research funding developed the service with the Cabinet Office, Environment Agency and Met Office, Previsico launched in January, 2019. We have a rapidly growing team with offices in Loughborough and London.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to be the first sales specialist in this ‘Hot 100’ InsurTech. After selection for the prestigious Lloyds Lab in March, the business is targeting exponential growth in the UK insurance market. You will sell a unique real time, actionable surface water flood warning service that has been proven globally. This is a ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity to join a high potential InsurTech that truly improves people’s live by reducing the impact and cost of flooding.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with our COO and CEO to rapidly grow sales in the UK insurance market
- Generating new sales leads
- Building a relationship with clients and giving prompt attention to their requests
- Organising and tracking sales relationships and ensuring targets are met
- Keeping up to date on the latest technological developments in flood forecasting and resilience building
- Liaising with the product development team to ensure our roadmap aligns with market needs.
- Travelling to client locations for face-to-face meetings.
Applications are welcome from candidates that meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience of 3 or more years in building relationships to generate sales in the insurance sector
- Proficiency in sales pipeline management
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Creativity and enthusiasm to create new opportunities
- A tenacity and drive to seek new business and exceed targets
- Initiative and organisational skills to start things from scratch
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal skills plus a personable telephone manner
- Passion for reducing the impact of natural hazards globally
- Interest in the latest science and technology
- In depth knowledge of the insurance industry
Pay and working arrangements
- Salary will be £40-45,000 per annum with an OTE up to £70-£75,000 with a guarantee (depending on experience) and share options in the company.
- The position is based either in our Loughborough or London office although we will consider flexible working arrangements. The applicant will need to have the right to work in the UK.
Equality and diversity
- Previsico is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
- *** NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
To apply Please send a CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] with Business Development Manager Position as the subject header. Please not we do not work with agencies.