We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Programme Manager to join our growing team based in Loughborough.
It is envisioned that this role will develop into a Head of Service position in time, giving the successful candidate the opportunity to become part of our senior management team.
You will be responsible for all project management and process design and development, leading a mixture of client and internal (product development, internal systems) facing projects, ensuring the appropriate governance and process is applied to all work. As the business grows, you will recruit and manage a team of Project Managers.
This is a new role in the organisation, so you need to be comfortable working cross-functionally with C level executives and driving the relevant processes and governance structure to allow for successful project management. You will play a key role in the operational side of the business, liaising across our Sales, Product Development and Technical teams.
- Defining and managing project scope, including drafting technical requirements
- Drafting client-facing Statement of Works
- Setting up relevant project management processes and controls
- Recruit and manage a team of Project Managers
- Management of relevant project documentation including scoping documents, plans and risk logs
- Co-ordination and management of relevant project resources
- Project reporting
- Act as the independent facilitator between teams within the business including Sales, Product Development, Product Marketing, Finance and Technical
- Liaise with project owners throughout the project, from scoping to closure
- Reporting to the senior management team on project performance
- Taking overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring/control and closure of a project
- Design company-wide processes to support the organisation’s efficient performance
- Set up systems with Finance to ensure that projects are managed to budget and variances are understood and agreed
- Establish project reviews and actions to remedy any deficiencies or gaps
Our COO is responsible for account management and customer service with support from the Programme Manager.
Our Programme Manager should demonstrate competence in all the following:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technology-focused project management role
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of managing projects across multi-functional teams
- Dependable in delivering projects to time and budget
- Proven track record in both Waterfall and Agile approaches, with an understanding of how to apply them practically
- Understanding of software development and experience working with development teams
- Responsible and supportive leadership qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Dependable and able to operate successfully with a high degree of autonomy
- Experience of working in a supplier-side environment with client-facing roles
- Process mapping experience
- Experience in cross-functional process design and management across the whole business
- Experience in setting up time-based costing and project financial management
Previous experience of managing a team of Project Managers would be beneficial to your application.
Pay and working arrangements
- Salary will be £45,000 – £55,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus an equity stake in the company
- The position is based in our Loughborough office (Holywell Enterprise Park), although we will consider flexible working arrangements. The applicant will need to have the right to work in the UK
Equality and diversity
Previsico is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
• ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
To be considered for this position, please email a CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the title ‘Programme Manager Vacancy’.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Project Manager, Senior Technical Project Manager, Software Development Project Manager, Senior IT Project Manager, or Head of Project Management