We are now looking for a front-end developer to join the team and help us develop and maintain our client-facing dashboard which shows our live flood forecasts. This will help transform our solution into a world-leading service that helps people and organisations better respond to flooding. As an early stage start-up we need a higher performer with a can-do attitude who is happy to jump in and create amazing solutions with us.
The job will primarily involve working on the continued development of our web-based front-end products. You will work alongside the development team, our Chief Scientific Officer Prof. Yu and Head of technical systems Dr Johnson. There will be many opportunities to develop your skills and plenty of opportunities on offer.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
Roles will include:
- Maintaining the existing front-end products and developing new functionalities for the existing and new front-end products
- JS and front-end testing using browser tools, and across all popular browsers, i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE
- Working with the backend developers to integrate new datasets and make new products available via the existing front-end products
- Working as part of the DevOps team
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Computer Science or related discipline and will have a passion for applied environmental programming. The successful candidate will have experience in a professional environment of at least two years with the following core skills:
- Front-end development
- Using git distributed version control system
Nice to have
- Experience with geo-spatial data and online mapping systems, such as google maps, mapbox or openlayer.
- Experience of developing on AWS
- Familiarity with the DevOps cycle and agile development
- Experience of React / Gatsby.js
- Experience of using Bitbucket
Pay and working arrangements
Salary will be £30,000+ per annum (depending on experience) plus an equity stake in the company.
The position is based in our Loughborough office (Holywell Enterprise Park) although we will consider flexible working arrangements and we have an office in London (Old Street). The applicant will need to have the right to work in the UK.
Equality and diversity
Previsico is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] with Front-End Developer Position as the subject header. Please not we do not work with agencies. If you have any questions about the role or the company please contact Avi at [email protected]
Application deadline: 6th January, 2020