We are now looking for a junior backend developer to join the team and help us scale our flood forecasting technology into a world-leading solution that helps people and organisations better respond to flooding. As an early stage start-up we need a higher performer with a can-do attitude who is happy to jump in and create amazing solutions with us.
The job will primarily involve python programming and API development, working in Linux system development although there will be many opportunities for further tasks depending on your skillset and area of interest. You will work alongside the development team and our Chief Scientific Officer Prof. Yu and Head of technical systems Dr Johnson. There will be many opportunities to develop your skills and plenty of support on offer.
Roles will include:
- Developing python scripts to ensure that our flood forecasting system performs as efficiently as possible
- Working as part of a team on the development of our system infrastructure
- Database management and development
- Managing APIs and customer requirements
- Working on product development
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Computer Science or related discipline and will have a passion for applied environmental programming. The successful candidate will have the following core skills:
- 2+ years experience in Python coding
- Working in Linux environment
Nice to have
- Knowledge of basic Linux administration
- Familiarity with the production development cycle
- Experience of working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with data feeds such as WMTS
- Experience or knowledge of geospatial systems e.g. ArcGIS or other mapping software
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL or other relational database (using and administrating)
Pay and working arrangements
Salary will be £23,000+ per annum (depending on experience) plus an equity stake in the company.
The position is based in our Loughborough office (Holywell Enterprise Park) although we will consider flexible working arrangements and we have an office in London (Old Street). The applicant will need to have the right to work in the UK.
Equality and diversity
Previsico is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] with Developer Position as the subject header. Please not we do not work with agencies. If you have any questions about the role or the company please contact Avi at [email protected]