We are now looking for an intern to help us develop our flood forecasting capacity in North America and Asia. This will involve sourcing, processing and analysing key data for our FloodMap Live system. We are looking for a higher performer with a proven experience in programming and data science who can work on their own or as part of a team. Roles will include:
- Sourcing and processing key data on land cover (elevation, land use, drainage infrastructure)
- Sourcing, organising and analysing observed flooding (social media, imagery, open data).
The ideal candidate will be pursuing a master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Geography, Engineering or a related discipline and will have a passion for data science. The successful candidate will have a willingness to get stuck into problems and have the following core skills:
- Use of GIS applications such as ArcGIS or QGIS.
- Some machine learning knowledge
- The role will involve working closely with the technical team on data sourcing and processing so experience in geographical research and flood information and will be beneficial.
Previsico has an office in London (Old Street) and Loughborough (Holywell Enterprise Park). The successful applicant will be able to have flexible working arrangements but will be required to attend weekly meetings at the Loughborough Office. The applicant will need to have the right to work in the UK.
Salary: Living wage
Please send a CV, Cover Letter and a design portfolio to [email protected] with Flood forecasting Intern as the subject header. If you have any questions about the role or the company please contact Avinoam at [email protected]
No agencies please