We are now looking for someone to help us scale-up our operations globally by developing our modelling capacity in North America, Europe, Africa and Asia. We are looking for a higher performer with a proven experience in flood modelling and GIS who can work on their own or as part of a team. Roles will include:
- Sourcing and processing key data (elevation, land cover, rainfall and observed flooding).
- Using our FloodMap software to set the FloodMap Live system up in new cities around the globe.
- Working as part of a team to ensure that our FloodMap Live system performs as efficiently as possible.
The ideal candidate will have a proven experience in flood modelling and a related degree in Geography or Engineering with over three years of experience in a flood model development. The successful candidate will have the following core skills:
- Hydraulic analysis in 1D/2D software packages such as Flood Modeller Pro, Tuflow and Hec-Ras.
- Use of GIS applications such as ArcGIS or QGIS.
- The role will involve working closely with the technical team on data sourcing and processing so experience in programming languages such as Python and the use of Linux operating systems will be beneficial.
Previsico has an office in London (Old Street) and Loughborough (Holywell Enterprise Park). The successful applicant will be able to have flexible working arrangements but will be required to attend weekly meetings at the Loughborough Office. The applicant will need to have the right to work in the UK.
Please send a CV, Cover Letter and a design portfolio to [email protected] with Flood forecasting modeller vacancy as the subject header. If you have any questions about the role or the company please contact Avinoam at [email protected]
No agencies please