The contractor will initially be for a one to two months period with the potential to extend. Tasks will include:
- Work with an enthusiastic technical team to develop a web front-end to display our live flood alerts
- Developing an online time step geospatial view of the data
- Develop an interface to the company’s RESTful APIs
- Integrate with security requirements.
- Creating a mapping visualization tool to enable users to view our flood forecasts
- Creating an intuitive online dashboard for admins and customers to use and manage different solutions
- Developing an email alerting system for subscribers of our warning system.
The ideal candidate will have a proven experience in designing and creating amazing websites and dashboards which make use of maps. The role is based in Loughborough with flexible working options.
- MEAN, MERN stack. Vue.js would also be considered in place of React and Angular.
- Working on an Ubuntu backend server
- Experience with git
- BSc Hons in Computer Science or similar
- Minimum four years’ experience of software development
- Right to work in the UK
- Experience with geo-spatial data and online mapping systems, such as google maps, mapbox or openlayer.
- Experience of GraphQL
- Experience of QGIS and geospatial database
- Agile development experience
- Use of team communication tools, such as Trello.
Previsico has an office in London (Old Street) and Loughborough (Holywell Enterprise Park). The successful applicant will be able to have flexible working arrangements but will be required to attend weekly meetings at the Loughborough Office.
Pay and working arrangements
- Remuneration will be £25-£35 per hour depending on experience.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the technical team in the Loughborough office but will be able to have flexible working arrangements.
Equality and diversity
Previsico is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
Please send a CV, Cover Letter and a portfolio to [email protected] with Full stack developer as the subject header. If you have any questions about the role or the company please contact Avinoam at [email protected]
No agencies please